- Add plugdata to an empty track.
- In plugdata, use one of the MIDI IN objects and route MIDI data from it (see example).
- Play notes on this MIDI track using any usual method — keyboard, piano roll, etc.
- Add plugdata to an empty track (a).
- In plugdata, use one of the objects that sends out MIDI data (see examples)
- Add another track. We'll call it RECEIVER (b). Load an instrument that you want to receive MIDI from plugdata on this track.
- Click and drag the Route button of the plugdata track (c1) to the Route button of the RECEIVER track (c2).
- Add plugdata-fx as an effect device to an audio or MIDI track.
- In plugdata, use [adc~] object to receive audio from your DAW (see examples).