- Add plugdata to your channel rack.
- In plugdata, use one of the MIDI IN objects and route MIDI data from it (see example).
- Play notes on this channel using any usual method — keyboard, piano roll, etc.
- Add plugdata to your Channel rack.
- In the plugin's window, press the Detailed Settings button (a). Select the VST Wrapper Settings menu (b). Specify the MIDI output port (c).
- Load a plugin that you want to receive MIDI from plugdata to another channel in your rack. Open its VST Wrapper Settings menu. Specify the MIDI input port that corresponds to the previously specified MIDI output port of plugdata (d).
In plugdata plugin, use one of the objects that sends out MIDI data (see examples).
- In the Mixer window, add plugdata-fx to an empty slot of any channel that you wish to affect.
- In plugdata, use [adc~] object to receive audio from your DAW (see examples).