- Add plugdata to an empty MIDI track.
- In plugdata, use one of the MIDI IN objects and route MIDI data from it (see example).
- Play notes on this MIDI track using any usual method — keyboard, piano roll, etc.
- Add the plugdata plugin to an empty MIDI track.
- In plugdata plug-in, use one of the objects that sends out MIDI data (see examples)
- Add an instrument which will receive MIDI data on the same MIDI track, right after the plugdata plugin.
- Add plugdata-fx as an effect device to an audio or MIDI track.
- In plugdata, use [adc~] object to receive audio from your DAW (see examples).